Leaflet 36 in the Needlework Development Scheme’s series “And So To Embroider” contains many tips on creating original embroidery designs using trees as the source of inspiration.
The sample projects shown include:
- A stool top worked on canvas
- Forest wall hanging made from a selection of different fabrics and techniques
- Tree motif worked in freestyle machine embroidery
- A striped table runner with a formal, symmetrical arrangement of motifs
- A table cloth with nine different, but related, motifs worked in a grid formation
- A hand block printed cushion with hand and freestyle machine embroidered trees
The new stitch in this bulletin is up and down buttonhole stitch.
Up and down buttonhole stitch is a favourite of mine, as you can see from my collection of samplers that I worked for the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge