Leaflet 25b in the Needlework Development Scheme’s series “And So To Embroider” includes:
- Patterns for three aprons (and embroidery ideas for a fourth). Two aprons with attached bibs, and one with a detachable bib.
- Instructions for making a headband (to keep your fringe out of your cooking)
- Oven gloves (please only use thick wool blanketing or modern heat proof wadding for the lining)
- A basket cover for your shopping basket
- How to embroider sheaf stitch
Ruth’s tutorial includes some fun ideas for playing with sheaf stitch, as well as instructions for working the basic stitch.