Tuna Treats, a cheesy topping for crackers or toast. Serve it as a nibbly on your Christmas party table or use it as a tasty sandwich spread.
Originally published in the Australian Women’s Weekly, December 2nd, 1964
- 420gm or 14oz of canned tuna
- 120gm or 4oz of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon (Australian 20gm) or US 4 teaspoons of chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
- Crackers or toast to serve
Soften the cream cheese.
Drain and mash the tuna.
Mix everything but the crackers together into a firm paste.
Roll into balls.
Serve with crackers or toast.
This recipe also makes a great sandwich spread.