The sample shown was knit in a DK or Worsted weight yarn. Also note, mirror decreases were used instead of “knit 2 together” for each single decrease as in the original pattern.
All wrong side rows are purled. Only the right side rows are shown below. Note: Some stitches have been changed slightly for the version below for more symmetrical decreases. You can make more changes to create a single centered line down the middle of the leaf by replacing the italicized stitches with the following, K1, SL2-K1-P2SSO, K1. Also, rows 11 – 19 will need to be changed to start with SSK, K1 on the first repeat, and SL2-K1-P2SSO, K1 for the remaining repeats of the row, and replace the K2TOG at the end with K1
K = Knit
YO = Yarn over
K2TOG = Knit 2 together
SSK = Slip slip knit
SL2-K1-P2SSO = Slip two together as if to knit, knit one, pass the two slipped stitches over.
1. *K1, YO, K3, K2TOG, K1, SSK, K3, YO* repeat from *
3. *K2, YO, K2, K2TOG, K1, SSK, K2, YO, K1* repeat from *
5. *K3, YO, K1, K2TOG, K1, SSK, K1, YO, K2* repeat from *
7. *K4, YO, K2TOG, K1, SSK, K3* repeat from *
9. *K5, YO, SL2-K1-P2SS0, YO, K2* repeat from *
11. *K1, SSK, K3, YO, K1, YO, K3, K2TOG* repeat from *
13 *K1, SSK, K2, YO, K3, YO, K2, K2TOG* repeat from *
15. *K1, SSK, K1, YO, K5, YO, K1, K2TOG* repeat from *
17. *K1, SSK, YO, K7, YO, K2TOG* repeat from *
19. SSK, YO, K9, *YO, SL2-K1-P2SSO, YO, K9* repeat from *
Repeat rows 1-20 for the desired length.